Welcome to South of Nadir

Thank you for spending some of your time at my web log. If you find anything that could help you here, or know anything that may help me I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. God Bless --- C.H.

I would also like to point out that I am not an investment advisor. I am not to be held responsible for any actions that you take based on my opinions or the content of this site. Always do your due diligence prior to making any decisions.

With that said, Enjoy what I am putting out to you and have fun today.

Monday, November 2, 2009

What Time?

We have all said to ourselves and to others, "I don't have enough time". This is just not true. If you are doing something that you want to do, and something else comes up to change that, you have a choice. You can attend to the new matter or continue what you were doing. We lazily use the excuse that we lack time, when in truth, time is not an issue.

Minute to minute, hour to hour, it's all the same for everyone. You have the same amount of time each day as I do, and the same amount of time each day that any achiever or slacker that you know has. What we chose to do with our time is how we determine how much time we have.

Many times I find myself overloaded with tasks, telling myself I do not have the time. I see other people accomplishing great things, I wonder how they find the extra time. My answer comes too easily when I realize how simple it is. They apply themselves to accomplish their goals. They don't find time, or have extra time, they divide the time they have appropriately to devote themselves to the task.

If you think about the last time you stayed up all night to finish something, it was probably fun. You made the choice to set a goal, forgo sleep, and do the thing that you wanted to do no matter how much time it took. Most all nighters involve something that we are passionate about like a hobby, finish a project, or read a book cover to cover. Whatever it was most likely turned out great because you devoted your undivided attention, your time, to it. That is when we do our best, the devoted and undivided attention part, not necessarily the all nighter part. We have made the choice to apply ourself and spend our time on it.

I believe that whatever you do to the best of your ability, will be graced by God. This is why when we do anything we need to keep in mind that we chose to do it. You are spending your time on it you may as well spend the effort too. The benefits pay off greatly.

This is a lesson that took me a long time to understand. I am not going to work till the day that I die. I will be financially secure at a young age. I will have the ability to choose how I want to spend my time without the restrictions of monetary worries. This is the point of this post on this web log. Understanding what time is and knowing that we have as much as all the other humans walking the face of earth no matter what they choose to do with theirs.

Make the choice to spend time educating yourself in matters of money. Set your goals. Set a course to meet them. Find the path if you stray, and stay focused. Remove the things that are in the way. Do everything that you do the best that you can, every time. ---C.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment