Welcome to South of Nadir

Thank you for spending some of your time at my web log. If you find anything that could help you here, or know anything that may help me I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. God Bless --- C.H.

I would also like to point out that I am not an investment advisor. I am not to be held responsible for any actions that you take based on my opinions or the content of this site. Always do your due diligence prior to making any decisions.

With that said, Enjoy what I am putting out to you and have fun today.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Clean Slate

The first thing I need to do is clear my thoughts. I have read a lot of articles, books, news stories, and watched and listened to my share of the media. My head is full. The thoughts have spilled out on notes and into memo files on my computer without much organization. I have written some rants just to clear my mind. I have written some strategies down to see how it looks and feels to read my thoughts. I have been keeping crude notes of stocks and sectors to watch, follow, and invest in. I have a to do list with books to read and strategies to start following. It has all started blurring together.

With the effort I have been applying, original thought has started to develop in me. I have made the decision to share my thoughts and ideas with others. Recently I have been writing letters/e-mails to the people who's own writing has inspired me, sharing my ideas with them. I can not blame them for not responding as I know they are busy managing so many other things.

Naturally, my wife and some close friends get a carbon copy of the things that I write to the other writers. I knew that I would get some type of response from them and I think that what I have to say may help them too. Doing that has forced me to be very sure of the things that I say. It is this group of peers that I respect the most, and this group that I want to help the most. Coincidentally, it is this group who has encouraged me to share what I know.

My journey began long ago without my knowledge. It has lead me to this point of putting what I have out to the world. It would be too easy for me to just copy those previous letters and notes into this web log. The problem I see is that they would be all out of context and they are written to a different level of investor. I want to keep this simple and make it all easy to understand. Rewriting the ideas and thoughts will keep them focused and individual. I do have a few that are nearly ready but will need some sprucing up and reformatting.

Again, I am looking forward to this challenge. I always thank others for sharing what they know and now it is time for me to do the same. ---C.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment